Click here to see current career opportunities.
At Multicultural Australia we aim to live our values. Our passionate staff come from a range of backgrounds and experience and share our dedication to making a difference in the lives of new Queenslanders.
As an employee Multicultural Australia, you will have the opportunity to join one of Australia’s most well respected and successful multicultural organisations and help further our work supporting new arrivals to settle into their new lives in Australia.
Since we began with just 2 employees in one office in 1998 we have grown into a large organisation with over 397 employees and five offices across Queensland. We provide services to more the 5000 clients in Queensland every year, including specialist programs for refugees and asylum seekers under agreements with the state and federal government.
In addition to our work directly with new arrivals we are proud to lead a movement of welcome and present an exciting calendar of events and festivals to promote and celebrate multiculturalism in Queensland.
Find out more about the experience of working with Multicultural Australia below.
Benefits of working with Multicultural Australia
- A friendly, diverse and inclusive work environment
- The opportunity to do work that makes a measurable difference in the lives of newly arrived Queenslanders and be at the forefront of a movement to build a more welcoming and inclusive Queensland
- A commitment to professional development and opportunities to learn to up skill and grow in your chosen career
- Generous salary packaging including tax benefits
- Access to the employee assistance program for independent and confidential counselling
Read the Multicultural Australia Way here
WE SHOW UP
- We show up for our clients and our communities, authentically and willingly
- We listen well so we show up for each other
- Building our Multicultural Australia community matters to us
WE EMBRACE FIDELITY
- We are faithful to our client’s aspirations and passions
- We work with them to identify what is important to them to assist them to make friends and find safety and joy
- We are committed to them developing the skills to access the services they need to prosper and thrive
WE LEAD FROM A PLACE OF ABUNDANCE
- Energy and commitment, ideas and hard work, partners and allies are as important in delivering as money
- We focus on what needs to be done and then get a resource strategy in place
- We openheartedly share what we have, when we can, with partners who are impactful, value aligned and committed to our shared agenda
WE EXERCISE GOOD JUDGEMENT
- We make wise decisions (people, technical, business and creative) and embrace and work with complexity and ambiguity
- We think strategically and are deliberate and purposeful
- We smartly separate what must be done well now and what can be improved later
WE STRIVE TO BE FEARLESS
- We act with conviction, compassion and curiosity
- We take smart risks and tough decisions without agonising
- We question actions that are inconsistent with our values
WE ARE IMPACTFUL
- We focus on making a difference
- We bring rigour to knowing our impact
- We respond to challenges with creative solutions
- We have grit and push through to ensure impact
ETHICS MATTER TO US
- We are honest in our actions and words
- We do what is right even if it’s not in our personal or commercial interests
- We spend money as if it was our own and treat others as we would want to be treated
WE LOVE FINDING THE THIRD WAY
- We reject win/lose approaches
- We believe in creative solutions
- There is always a Third Way and we will find it