The aim of the Driving Social Inclusion through Sport and Physical Activity Grant is to use sport and physical activity projects to address inclusion issues for vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and seeks to enhance wellbeing and sense of community belonging.
The grant aims to contribute to the building of resilient, cohesive and harmonious communities to ensure that individuals, families and communities have the opportunity to thrive and have the capacity to respond to emerging needs and challenges.
The following community groups will be targeted to engage in sport and physical activity projects:
- newly arrived migrants and refugees;
- people with a physical or mental disability; and
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The objectives of the grant are to contribute on a local level to:
- support vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals from targeted community groups to participate in flexible, community based sport and physical activity projects; and
- increase acceptance of diversity, build inclusive communities, and assist vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families to develop social links through sport and physical activity.
To be eligible you must have been operating for 12 months or longer and be one of the following entity types:
- a not-for-profit (NFP) organization whose NFP status must be demonstrated through one of the following:
- current registration with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC);
- state or territory incorporated association status; or
- constitutional documents and/or Articles of Association that demonstrate the NFP character of your organization.
- a sporting organisation, such as a community sports club, national, state or registered sport association;
- a local government entity. As the Australian Capital Territory does not have local government entities, it is eligible to apply.
Amount: $50,000 to undisclosed
Application methods: Online
Closing Date: 12 December 2019 2pm AEDT
For enquiries contact: email@example.com
Focus: Jetstar’s Flying Start Program invites community groups and organisations across Australia to apply for a grant to fund a project that will enrich the lives of people in their local community.
Amount: Up to $30,000
New grant is currently open starting from 1/4/2019.