Communications Support Worker
The Communications Team exists to promote a positive conversation about multiculturalism and inclusion and to build a community of interest that will influence and advance multiculturalism in Australia through their interaction with our services, programs, social businesses, partnerships, events and celebrations. We lead Multicultural Australia’s social movement initiatives, supporter engagement, marketing, communication and media campaigns.
Qualifications, licences and probity
1. Possession of tertiary qualifications in:
a. Marketing or a related field.
2. Valid Queensland Driver’s License.
3. Possession of, or willingness and eligibility to obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children
Suitability Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child
Guardian Act 2000).
4. Police Clearance Check.
1. Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media
2. Demonstrated expertise in writing, editing and publishing in an online context with excellent
proof-reading skills and the ability to pay scrupulous attention to detail.
3. Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
4. Experience with design platforms like Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator) (or
5. Experience in managing Nationbuilder CRM/CMS or similar platforms.
6. Sound judgement to make decisions in line with organisational policies and procedures when
working in a fast-paced digital environment.
7. Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
8. Detail-oriented, with strong time management skills with the ability to multitask and manage
9. Demonstrated ability to prioritise own workload, work independently and take initiative within the
context of a collaborative team.
Desirable Skills and/or Experience
1. 1-3 years’ experience with B2C social media marketing or content development.
2. Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook).
1. Develop, create/curate and publish an engaging calendar of content for Multicultural Australia’s
social media and eDM platforms, including monitoring social media channels for industry trends.
2. Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content for social media, eDMs and
3. Assist with the planning and delivery of events, including attending events to produce live and
post-event social media content.
4. Assist in the development and management of digital marketing campaigns.
5. Create and update website content using Nationbuilder.
6. Database management of our CRM (Nationbuilder) in line with Multicultural Australia’s social
movement plan, including:
o data cleansing and maintaining protocols;
o reporting and analysis;
o supporter/user journey.
7. Interact with users and respond to social media and website messages, inquiries, and
8. Review social media and website analytics and create reports on key metrics.
9. Build strong relationships and processes across Multicultural Australia teams and staff to
support a high functioning CRM.
10. Provide guidance to Multicultural Australia staff on organisational brand and communications.
11. Support the development of new collateral for programs in line with the Multicultural Australia
12. And all other duties associated with the position.
This position description will be reviewed biennially or when required.
Ready for your next challenge?
Email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 9.00 am, Friday 16th April, 2021. Interviews may commence prior to closing. Your application must contain:
- a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position, what relevant experience you have and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
· a current resume (including the details of two professional referees).
If you have any further enquiries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Pember, Communications and Mobilisation Manager on 0422 089 628.