Greater Brisbane Lockdown Update
8 January 2021 | News
As announced by the Queensland Premier at 8am on 8 January, Greater Brisbane will go into lockdown from 6pm today for three days until 6pm on Monday 11 January 2021. This is to give contact tracers time to ensure the UK strain of COVID-19 is not circulating in the community.
The Greater Brisbane lockdown area includes Brisbane City, Ipswich City, Logan City, Redland City and Moreton Bay Regional areas.
As an essential service, Multicultural Australia will continue to provide services to our clients and communities during this lockdown period. Please continue to contact us through our usual contact numbers, during business hours on 3337 5400, our email [email protected]ticulturalaustralia.org.au or our emergency phone line which is available to clients.
You are only allowed to leave your home for one of the following reasons:
- Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
- Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
- Exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household
- Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
- Work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
- Child custody arrangements
- Legal obligations
- Visit for end of life
- Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
Other important points of the Premier's announcement included:
- Masks must be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home
- Places of worship will be closed
- Cafes, pubs and restaurants will be open only for take-away service
- Funerals will be restricted to 20 guests and weddings restricted to 10 guests
For the latest Queensland Government updates regarding the Greater Brisbane lockdown please visit: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/greater-brisbane-lockdown