- Full Time, Fixed Term until 30th June 2020 (with the possibility of extension)
- Competitive salary package with salary sacrifice opportunities
- Opportunity to create a real difference in your community
- Flexible and inclusive multicultural work environment
- Career and leadership opportunities within a QLD wide settlement service organization
This role is ideal for someone with experience in growing employment and economic participation options for disadvantaged populations.
In addition to leading on various projects for young people, you will also have the opportunity to supervise staff, develop and coordinate project contracts, funding requirements and stakeholder relationships.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity you have been waiting for, then read on.
Multicultural Development Australia (MDA Ltd.) is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
Our main objective is to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community here in Queensland. We are passionate about working to ensure that new Queensland refugees, migrants and international students are included, skilled and thriving. MDA currently has over 220 staff, 100 Cultural Support Workers and 200 volunteers.
What you can expect to do
1. Provide leadership in developing and maintaining Youth Employment Projects with employers, employment providers and community stakeholders to support pathways to employment
2. Coordinate the establishment of youth hubs in South East Queensland. Provide ongoing monitoring and leadership to ensure service delivery in the hubs meets contractual and KPI requirements
3. Provide leadership in maintaining effective, collaborative working relationships with key external and internal stakeholders to establish, implement and grow project outcomes
4. Provide effective oversight of contractual and service standard targets and escalate significant risk situations to the Senior Manager
5. Work in collaboration with Senior Managers, Youth Services and Employment Services to ensure overall quality of service
1.Demonstrated knowledge and experience in growing employment and economic participation options for disadvantaged populations
2.Proven experience in the coordination and implementation of human services programs within a cross-cultural environment
3.Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness in building collaborative relationships and negotiating outcomes to achieve program outcomes
4.Excellent project management skills and ability to working flexibly within a dynamic and fast paced environment
5.Ability to provide leadership, supervision and support to a team of staff, including the ability to provide professional support for a multi-disciplinary team of workers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
6.Sound knowledge of the Australian labour market, as well as underpinning employability skills and the barriers faced by refugees and asylum seekers in securing employment
7.Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills and an excellent understanding and knowledge of issues in relation to support of refugees and asylum seekers, as well as of current practice and policy issues
Ready for your next challenge?
Please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 5 PM Wednesday, 5th February 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact Leslie Geebel, Acting Senior Manager on 0423 226 474.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.