People aged under 25 account for more than 50% of refugees arriving in Australia. How prepared are you to work with these young people, their families and communities?
This one-day training session has been developed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the unique needs and challenges these young people face as well as practical strategies and ideas on how to best support them to reach their potential.
This program provides you with the skills to:
- Understand the experiences of young people and how it impacts on their settlement journey
- Recognise the skills and resilience of young people
- Build professional networks with others working with individuals
Who should attend:
- Anyone whose work brings them into contact with young people from a refugee background e.g. youth workers, teachers, tutors, health care and disability professionals, employment, counselling professionals, education professionals, settlement workers, emergency service providers, religious organisations, recreation and community groups.
- Professionals responsible for policy or program development.
- Professionals and volunteers seeking to enhance their cultural competency when engaging with young people from a refugee background.
The following group discounts are also available.
- 3 to 5 participants per organisation: 15% discount
- 6 to 10 participants per organisation: 20% discount
- Student: 20% discount (Student ID must be presented)
Visit the Working with young people from a Refugee background page, call us on 07 33375 400 or Contact us
WHENJanuary 22, 2020 at 9:30am - 4pm
WHEREBrisbane Multicultural Centre
28 Dibley St
Woolloongabba, QLD 4102
Google map and directions