According to the 2016 Census:
Nearly one half (49%) of all Australians had either been born overseas or one or both parents had been born overseas.
In Queensland, 26.10% of both parents had been born overseas
13.5% speak a language other than English
Being aware of cultural differences is crucial for delivering services to and working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds. Our training delivers understanding and ready-to-apply strategies and skills to help achieve successful engagement.
This program addresses workplace challenges including:
- Understand Cultural Diversity in Queensland
- Understand the challenges of settlement
- Understand Culture and its impact on communication
- Apply skills needed in Cross Cultural Communication
- Develop skills needed to manage Cultural Diversity
Who should attend?
This program is tailored for government and community sector organisations, and is suitable for:
- Any service provider whose work brings them into contact with customers or clients from a multicultural background
- Professionals and volunteers seeking to enhance their cultural competency when engaging with people from a multicultural background.
- Government employees providing services including transport, education, training, family support, employment, community support, disabilities, health, seniors, youth, environment, emergency services, housing, business, industry, recreation, sports and arts.
Visit the Working effectively with Cultural Diversity page, call us on 07 33375 400 or Contact us
WHENMay 06, 2020 at 9:30am - 3pm
WHEREOnline - Via Zoom
Brisbane Time Zone , QLD 4102
Google map and directions