According to the 2016 Census:
Nearly one half (49%) of all Australians had either been born overseas or one or both parents had been born overseas.
In Queensland, 26.10% of both parents had been born overseas
13.5% speak a language other than English
Being aware of cultural differences is crucial for delivering services to and working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds. Our training delivers understanding and ready-to-apply strategies and skills to help achieve successful engagement.
This program addresses workplace challenges including:
- Understand Cultural Diversity in Queensland
- Understand the challenges of settlement
- Understand Culture and its impact on communication
- Apply skills needed in Cross Cultural Communication
- Develop skills needed to manage Cultural Diversity
Who should attend?
This program is tailored for government and community sector organisations, and is suitable for:
- Any service provider whose work brings them into contact with customers or clients from a multicultural background
- Professionals and volunteers seeking to enhance their cultural competency when engaging with people from a multicultural background.
- Government employees providing services including transport, education, training, family support, employment, community support, disabilities, health, seniors, youth, environment, emergency services, housing, business, industry, recreation, sports and arts.
The following group discounts are available:
3 to 5 participants per organisation: 15% discount
6 to 10 participants per organisation: 20% discount
Student: 20% discount (Student ID must be presented)
WHENOctober 23, 2019 at 9:30am - 4pm
WHEREBrisbane Multicultural Centre
28 Dibley St
Woolloongabba, QLD 4102
Google map and directions