Australian businesses are increasingly mindful of the advantages of a diverse, globally-connected workforce.
Increase your business revenue and innovation
- More than 80% of host employers say Work & Welcome enabled them to access new customers, think and engage differently, and innovate new services and products.
- New Australians are highly motivated and bring a wide range of skills and experience, including resilience, problem solving and an ability to work productively with different cultures.
Address Queensland skills shortages
- More than 6,000 new Australians have under-utilised skills that align with current shortages.
- Diverse workplaces and communities are key drivers of Queensland’s economic growth – Deloitte Access Economics estimated the economy could be $250 million larger in 10 years if the skills of migrants were fully utilised.
Realise organisational benefits
- Host employers report significant growth in their social capital – the connections and values shared by an organisation’s workforce.
- HR departments report healthier, happier and more productive workplace cultures.
- Team members working alongside Work & Welcome placements tell of rich and rewarding experiences.
Lead in corporate social responsibility
- Provide meaningful employment for our newest Australians – getting connected and gaining work experience are key barriers to new arrivals finding employment commensurate with their skills.
- Work & Welcome is something real that individual businesses can do to transform lives, businesses and communities.
A proven, 100% tax deductible model
- Over 70% of Work & Welcome placements have found ongoing work with their host employer or another organisation.
- The cost of Work & Welcome placements is 100% tax deductible through Multicultural Australia.
Work & Welcome helps build our culture
“We are busy building a culture that values diverse and future-focused thinking, inclusivity, asking for help and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’. Work & Welcome lays a really valuable role here, bringing in fresh thinking and expanding the range of experience and knowledge in our organisation.” – Queensland Urban Utilities
How can my business get involved?
Contact Multicultural Australia’s Work & Welcome co-ordinator for a no-obligation consultation about tailoring Work & Welcome to suit the needs of your organisation.
P: 07 3337 5400
E: [email protected]