Currently Closed. Further grant rounds are expected to open at a later date.
Closing: Schedule currently under review due to Covid-19 Pandemic
The Advance Queensland BIO 2020 Female Business Leaders Program provides support for three selected Queensland-based female founders and/or leaders to attend the 2020 BIO International Convention in San Diego, USA on 8 – 11 June 2020.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must not have previously attended the convention and should be able to demonstrate the benefits of participating in the 2020 Queensland Mission to BIO, for themselves and their business.
Three Queensland recipients will be awarded:
- A bursary of $2,000 (excluding GST) to participate in the Queensland Mission to BIO 2020.
- Registration for the BIO Exhibition on 9-11 June and the Redefining Early Stage Investments (RESI) conference on 8 June 2020, in San Diego.
- Invitation to participate in the pre-BIO activities with the Female Leaders cohort and other Queensland delegates.
- Industry mentoring.
- Invitation to participate with Team Queensland on the Australia pavilion at BIO 2020, the investment event and Queensland Welcome Reception on 7 June as well as other key meetings and site visits.
Further information is available in the guidelines and terms and conditions (PDF 424KB).
QLD Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
The Female Founders program is designed to assist female founders at different stages of the entrepreneurial lifecycle. Applications are currently open for the following programs:
Female Founders Impact Program - Delivering capability development activities which focus on confidence, education and skills development. The program is delivered by Impact Innovation Group and options include:
- Personalised Pathways
- Mentor Match
- Learning Links
- Events and Webinars
Female Founders Advisory Board Program - Delivering the skills and exposure to engage effectively with advisors and to establish best practice governance and advisory foundations in your business to support growth. Delivered by the Advisory Board Centre, programs include:
- Essentials Program: group sessions designed for female business owners with growth aspirations who need assistance gaining clarity about the type of support they need including confidence, skills and exposure
- Starter Program: designed to establish best practice governance, business diagnostics and foundations of a structure to support their growth plans
Application Guidelines and eligibility criteria can be accessed at: Female Business Leaders Program Guidelines
Applications can be made online through the Advance QLD Women in Business Application Portal
Further information about these opportunities is available on the official Female Founders Program website
The Centre for Women & Co.’s Scholarship Fund
The Centre for Women & Co.
Closing: 2 March 2020
The Centre for Women & Co's Scholarship Fund is dedicated to empowering women to achieve their potential. The following grants provide funding to support women’s well-being, safety and scholarship throughout the community.
Applications for 2020 are now being taken in the areas of:
- Business Start-Up - $2500
- Capital Purchase - $2500
- Education and Training - $2500
- Nominate a Friend - 2 scholarships available at $1250 each
How to Apply
1. Read the following documents:
2. Fill in the application forms, available below:
3. Email completed application form, along with supporting documents to:
For further information, please visit official program website at:https://centreforwomen.org.au/scholarships
National Council of Women of Queensland Inc.
Closing: Monday 1 June 2020
The NCWQ provide annual bursaries to females that demonstrate qualities of leadership, community service, perseverance and determination, often despite life’s obstacles, to follow their personal and professional passions. Applications are open to female students in a wide range of areas studying at year 12, Tafe and University. The program offers 40 bursaries from $1 000, each of which has specific eligibility criteria available on the official funding page .
For any queries please contact the Bursary Program Coordinator, Kathy Cavanagh, on 0407 117 378, or firstname.lastname@example.org
The bursary flyer is also available for download here.
Women and Change
Closing: EOI closes 28 August 2020
The 2020 Women & Change grant round will provide one grant of up to $50,000 to a registered Australian charity that supports people in Queensland communities who are most disadvantaged. Women & Change members are particularly interested in supporting new initiatives that deliver sustainable change.
Expressions of interest (EOI) for this year's funding opportunity are open until 28 August. Any non-profit charity with DGR status can apply for a grant of up to $50,000 to support projects that address social disadvantage in Queensland. The application process consists of two steps, an Expression of Interest round, closing 28 August 2020 and a full application process for shortlisted applicants notified by 30 September. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 30 September 2020 and will need to complete a full Grant application.
If you are interested in applying for a Grant, please take the time to read the Grant Guidelines.
Further information is also available on the Women and Change website.
The 2020 Expression of Interest form for initial applications can be found here.
Shortlisted entrants can then access the full Grant Application Form here.