- Full Time, Ongoing position
- Salary sacrifice option
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Make a positive impact on multicultural Queensland whilst working as part of a friendly and collaborative team
Be a part of our Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) and contribute in supporting the newly arrived refugees during their initial settlement period!
We are seeking someone who is passionate and highly motivated to innovatively manage and oversee the delivery of culturally appropriate case management services.
You will have the opportunity to advance your career in a supportive, collaborative and client-centered environment. This is your opportunity to equip and mentor case managers to provide vital support to refugee communities in a flexible and energetic environment. So, if this leadership opportunity sounds interesting, then we would like to hear from you!
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
Our main objective is to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community here in Queensland. We are passionate about working to ensure that new Queensland refugees, migrants and international students are included, skilled and thriving. Multicultural Australia currently has over 220 staff, 100 Cultural Support Workers and 200 volunteers.
- A passion for Multicultural Australia’s mission of creating a welcoming and inclusive Queensland, and a desire to make a difference;
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in the field of Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Human Services. Other relevant qualifications (including overseas qualifications) or experience may be recognised;
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team within an energetic environment and achieve program milestones and service deliverables;
- Commitment to provide practice development mentoring to case managers, and support to navigate complex and critical client-related incidents;
- Creative leadership approaches in supporting your team to balance quality client-centered support with program specifications; Strategic and effective collaboration skills to work with different teams to identify service quality gaps and opportunities for improvement;
- Dynamic relationship-building skills and ability to confidently engage with internal and external stakeholders
Ready for your next challenge?
Please go through our Cultural Values – The Multicultural Australia Way. This is a snapshot of who we are. If you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9AM Monday, 23rd March 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
Please note: Recruitment for this role will commence immediately. Interviews may occur prior to the end of the advertising period.
In case you have any queries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Kelly Buckingham, Regional Manager – South West Region on 0481 264 155..
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
For further details, please download the position description.