About Multicultural Australia
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation, providing settlement services for migrants, refugees and people seeking asylum. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
About the role:
Multicultural Australia is currently offering an opportunity for a Team Leader to work as part of our Employment team. The role is full-time, fixed-term for 13 months and based in Brisbane. This is a maternity backfill role that can be extended.
Primary Purpose from PD. Among other duties, the successful candidate will:
- The Team Leader – Employment Services will support operations of a team of Employment team members ensuring contract deliverables, quality assurance and reporting requirements are met, as well as work in collaboration with Program Manager Employment Services
- Work across Multicultural Australia to identify client needs related to economic participation and employment; help develop in-kind and financial partnerships to meet these needs, providing opportunities for client engagement in all program areas, as well as ex-clients or other community members as appropriate;
- Provide support and practice guidance to Employment workers within Multicultural Australia and partner organisations, consistent with Multicultural Australia outcomes reporting.
- Contribute to ensuring all contractual and service standard targets are met in relation to Employment service delivery and escalate significant risk situations to the Program Manager.
- Maintain effective collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders to promote innovation in planning and delivery of Employment services.
- Work in collaboration with the Program Manager, Employment Services to ensure overall quality of service and that contractual obligations described above are met.
What qualifications and skills do I need?
You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have effective communication and interpersonal skills. As well as having a confident and positive personality, you will possess:
Possession of a tertiary qualification in Business/Management, Human Resources, Training, Community Services, Social Work, or related discipline;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in growing employment and economic participation options for disadvantaged populations.
- Proven experience in the coordination and implementation of human services programs within a cross-cultural environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness in building collaborative relationships and negotiating outcomes to achieve program outcomes.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to working flexibly within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and support to a team of staff, including the ability to provide professional support for a multi-disciplinary team of workers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Successful candidate will be required to have a valid driver’s licence, police check and apply for a Working with Children Blue Card. It is a condition of employment with Multicultural Australia to fulfil all our current and future COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
How do I apply?
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the apply link!! You will redirect to our internal recruitment system to register your interest and submit a covering letter along with your resume.
Please submit your application no later than COB 09/06/2023. Depending on the volume of applications received we may not be able to respond to all. However, all applications submitted will be thoroughly reviewed to assess suitability for the position. Please note interviews may be held prior to the closing date.
For any queries, please contact Carla Zafiriadis -Employment Program Manager- [email protected]
At Multicultural Australia, we pursue a workforce that is as diverse as our community - in race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality, neurodiversity, culture and belief - and reflects the communities we work in. We recognise diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and we are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, and people of diverse genders and/or sexual orientations.