- Twelve months, Full Time contract
- Competitive salary package with salary sacrifice opportunities
- Opportunity to create a real difference in your community
- Flexible and inclusive multicultural work environment
- Career and leadership opportunities within a QLD wide settlement service organization
Do you have experience supervising a multi-disciplinary team of workers in a dynamic client centred environment?
Are you committed to understanding settlement issues and social policy in relation to support of refugees and asylum seekers?
If yes, then we have a leadership opportunity for you.
You will be responsible for driving changes that will achieve sustainable improvements in client outcomes across criteria pertaining to client wellbeing, belonging, independence and quality of life.
You will also have opportunity to lead on Local Area Collaboration, impact measurement, research, advocacy and practice.
Sounds interesting? Then, read on.
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
Our main objective is to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community here in Queensland. We are passionate about working to ensure that new Queensland refugees, migrants and international students are included, skilled and thriving. Multicultural Australia currently has over 220 staff, 100 Cultural Support Workers and 200 volunteers.
- Possession of tertiary qualifications of a Bachelor of Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychological Science or Human Services. Other relevant qualifications (including overseas qualifications) or experience may be recognised;
- Proven experience in providing leadership, supervision and support to a team of staff, including the demonstrated ability to provide professional support for a multi-disciplinary team of workers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in a dynamic client-centred environment;
- Strategic thinking across the humanitarian settlement space including working with newly arrived communities and community leaders to identify gaps and development effective responses and solutions to achieve settlement goals;
- Dynamic relationship-building skills and ability to maximise stakeholder relationships both within Multicultural Australia as well as externally within partner and government organisations;
- Professional commitment to understanding settlement issues and social policy in relation to support of refugees and asylum seekers;
- Demonstrated capacity to convene meetings, workshop as well as consultation processes involving a range of stakeholders;
- Highly developed skills in meeting deadlines with competing priorities and well developed problem solving skills;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing quality systems and delivering on internal and external audit requirements.
Ready for your next challenge?
Please go through our Cultural Values – The Multicultural Australia Way. This is a snapshot of who we are. If you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 10AM Thursday, 5th March 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
If you have any queries, please contact Katie Artiss, Settlement Leadership Manager on 0413 437 805.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
For further details, please download the position description.