- Permanent, Full Time position
- Salary sacrifice option
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Make a positive impact on multicultural Queensland whilst working as part of a friendly and collaborative team
- Be more than just a numbers person!
Great leadership opportunity for a career driven Senior Management Accountant to join our Finance team and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives across the organisation.
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
Our main objective is to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community here in Queensland. We are passionate about working to ensure that new Queensland refugees, migrants and international students are included, skilled and thriving. Multicultural Australia currently has over 220 staff, 100 Cultural Support Workers and 200 volunteers.
Coming with prior experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling, you will be expected to have;
- A minimum of seven (7) years management accounting experience;
- Proven ability to rapidly absorb information and utilise it to analyse, interpret and integrate ambiguous and complex data as well as identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Proven track record in positively motivating, mentoring and effectively leading staff in the provision of high quality services, including providing direct supervision and professional support for a multi-disciplinary team of workers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex financial concepts to non-financial background stakeholders ;
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business and CPA or CA qualified.
Ready for your next challenge?
Please go through our Cultural Values – The Multicultural Australia Way. This is a snapshot of who we are. If you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9AM Monday, 9th March 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
If you have any queries, please contact Angela Ng, Senior Manager – Finance, Procurement and Facilities on 0468 910 081.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.