Multicultural Australia is the custodian of Unaccompanied Minors residing in the greater Brisbane and Toowoomba / Darling Downs regions.
Residential Youth Support Workers play an integral role in creating and maintaining a safe and caring environment for the Unaccompanied Minors we support. Residential Youth Support Workers are expected to monitor and contribute to the day-to-day care of Unaccompanied Minors and actively support young people in the development of independent living skills.
What you can expect to do:
- Supervision and support of children and young people placed within a residential or support service, ensuring that their safety and protection in the service are upheld;
- Facilitation and assistance to children and young people developing skills and achieving goals, including providing them hygiene, health, nutrition and daily living needs and engaging them in activities that are of both a social and learning opportunity to advance their skills;
- Transportation and support of children and young people in various activities or appointments that are important to their development and growth;
- Maintaining a clean and safe living environment (domestic duties);
- Work a rotating roster including sleepover shifts in the evening, to provide appropriate services for children and young people within the residential program;
- Maintaining records and residential reports for reporting needs and other relevant information to the case managers or team leader.
Please peruse the Position Description and the Multicultural Australia Culture Document for more details.
Ready for your next challenge?
Email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] by no later than 9AM Tuesday 25th August 2020. Your application must contain:
- a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
- a current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
If you have any further queries about the role, please feel free to contact Dani McAlister, Program Manager, UHM, on 0413 961 974.
Please note recruitment for this role will commence immediately. Interviews may occur prior to the end of the advertising period.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.