Multicultural Australia exists to create a welcoming, inclusive, and economically stronger community. This is an agenda shared with many others. Our part is to ensure that new Queenslanders are included, skilled and thriving. We are passionate about promoting positive conversations about inclusion.
What you can expect from this role:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care) or equivalent Cert IV qualification.
- At least 2 years relevant experience and skills in working with children and young people with complex needs, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work consistently towards individual and organisational goals as an effective member of a team.
- Excellent Microsoft Suite computer skills, proficient time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work a rotating roster including sleepover shifts in the evenings and weekends.
- Ability to participate in performing and modelling domestic duties in a residential setting.
- Tertiary/Diploma level qualifications related to working with children and young people.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
- Previous experience working with infants, children and young people (under the age of 18) in a support (residential or otherwise) context.
- Strong understanding of child safety and relevant legislation.
And all other duties associated with the position.
This position description will be reviewed biennially or when required
What we need from you:
- Supervision and support of children and young people placed within a residential or support service, ensuring that their safety and protection in the service are upheld.
- Facilitation and assistance to children and young people developing skills and achieving goals, including providing them hygiene, health, nutrition and daily living needs and engaging them in activities that are of both a social and learning opportunity to advance their skills.
- Transportation and support of children and young people in various activities or appointments that are important to their development and growth.
- Maintaining a clean and safe living environment (domestic duties).
- Work a rotating roster including sleepover shifts in the evening, to provide appropriate services for children and young people within the residential program.
- Maintaining records and residential reports for reporting needs and other relevant information to the case managers or team leader.
- Work as an effective team member in accordance with Multicultural Australia’s policies and procedures and any other relevant duties as assigned by case managers or the team leader.
- Participate in relevant training and professional development opportunities.
Ready for your next challenge?
Please apply via SEEK https://www.seek.com.au/job/55372872?type=standard#searchRequestToken=a808f417- a6f7-46c9-b20e-186a1e529dd8 no later than 5pm on 7 January 2022. Interviews may commence prior to the closing date
Your application must contain:
- a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position, what relevant experience you have and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
- a current resume (including the details of two professional referees).
If you have any further enquiries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Shirley Lucas , Recruitment & Talent Specialist on [email protected]
At Multicultural Australia, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.