Multicultural Australia exists to create a welcoming, inclusive, and economically stronger community. This is an agenda shared with many others. Our part is to ensure that new Queenslanders are included, skilled and thriving. We are passionate about promoting positive conversations about inclusion. Multicultural Australia delivers settlement services to refugees, migrants, international students and people seeking asylum in Queensland, while advancing a diverse, inclusive and multicultural community.
The role of the Reception / Administration Officer within the Toowoomba office is to be the first point of contact for all clients who phone or visit the Toowoomba Multicultural Centre as well as providing administrative support to the Multicultural Australia team.
NOTE:- This role is Fixed Term Role Ending 31 January 2024
What you can expect from this role:
- Support administrative activities required during a client Intake service, and gather information for reporting purposes, maintaining confidentiality of client information and engaging in a respectful, culturally sensitive and professional manner
- Follow precise instruction of the Case Manager when navigating intra and extranet systems and to assist with client work, form filling, timesheet entry, reporting, case noting, completing incident reports and referrals
- Communicating processes and progress of administrative tasks to the Case Manager and Team Leader
- Assist the Case Manager with case notes and data entry into Multicultural Australia’s internal client management systems (CSNet) as well as Government data management systems (DEX system), ensuring information is accurate and up to date
- Utilise Microsoft suit to optimise procedures, including interpreting, navigating and updating excel spreadsheets for the purpose of ensuring reporting requirements are met
- Provide quality administrative support to Multicultural Australia’s team members and teams
- Organise, summarise and interpret event and resource content, and utilise the MailChimp program to create and manage a client newsletter
- Attend professional development training pertaining to the role, and in keeping with organisational values
- Book Cultural Support Workers (CSW), office spaces and equipment through internal booking systems.
What we need from you:
- Experience in an administration role, customer service role or similar role
- Previous experience contributing to reports based on complex, client data management systems
- Good written and verbal cross cultural communication skills with ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers and external parties in a professional manner
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to manage time effectively, with a mature attitude to working to deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience working with databases or information management systems with good level accuracy and attention to detail
- Good computer literacy, particularly in relation to use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and databases
- Skills in contributing to reports with the ability to retrieve and present data that is fit for specific reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of information management systems and reporting protocols
- Valid Queensland Driver’s License
- Possession of a current, paid Working with Children’s Blue Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000, and
- National Police Clearance Check.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience in a similar role in the not-for-profit sector will be highly regarded
How do I Apply?
Applications addressing the above criteria should click on “Apply” and submit a covering letter along with your resume. We encourage you to submit your application by COB 21st August, in the interest of responding quickly we might interview and appoint suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidate/s will be required to have professional reference checks, valid driver’s licence, police check and apply for a Working with Children Blue Card. It is a condition of employment with Multicultural Australia to fulfil all our current and future COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.