- Two ongoing contracts in Rockhampton (one full-time, one part-time)
- Competitive salary package with salary sacrifice opportunities
- Opportunity to create a real difference in your community
- Flexible and inclusive multicultural work environment
- Career and leadership opportunities within a QLD wide settlement service organization
Multicultural Australia was selected by the Australian Government to deliver the ParentsNext program in the Toowoomba, Townsville and Rockhampton regions. The programme forms part of the Australian Government’s Growing Jobs and Small Business Package.
The objectives of ParentsNext are to:
- Target early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency;
- Help parents identify their education and employment related goals and participate in activities that help them achieve their goals;
- Connect parents to local services that can help them address their barriers to employment.
Multicultural Australia’s ParentsNext Officers are highly motivated and experienced workers committed to supporting and empowering members of the Queensland community to make meaningful contributions. This involves working with parents to assist them to move back into education, training or employment. ParentsNext Officers are committed to championing the benefits of workforce diversity and marketing Multicultural Australia as a recognised leader in the field, to internal and external stakeholders.
What you can expect to do:
- Support a diverse group of ParentsNext clients to understand their experiences, interests and aspirations;
- Create individual development plans that identify specific activities, milestones and support needed to build the individual’s capacity to move into education, training or employment;
- Identify specific education, training and employment opportunities that align to individual aspirations and interests;
- Develop, deliver and facilitate individual and group sessions for participants;
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure client privacy, business confidentiality and records are maintained appropriately.
Please peruse the attached position description for more details.
Ready for your next challenge?
Email your application to the Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 9am Friday 11 December 2020. Your application must contain
A cover letter (no more than one page), outlining
Relevant experience in working with parents
Relevant training experience is working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Knowledge of the range of support services available to parents of young children
Knowledge or experience in adult education, and
A current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
If you have any further queries about the role, please feel free to contact Jill Armstrong on 0499 500 322.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.