- Ongoing contracts in multiple locations
- Competitive salary package with salary sacrifice opportunities
- Opportunity to create a real difference in your community
- Flexible and inclusive multicultural work environment
- Career and leadership opportunities within a QLD wide settlement service organization
Seeking applications from highly motivated and experienced individuals to support our ParentsNext program in Toowoomba (full time), Blackwater (part time) and Biloela (part time).
The key objectives of the ParentsNext program are to:
· Target early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency;
· Help parents identify their education and employment related goals and participate in activities that help them achieve their goals; and
· Connect parents to local services that can help them address their barriers to employment.
Does this sound like an opportunity you have been waiting for? If working with parents to assist them to move back into education, training or employment, is not a job but a passion, then we would like to meet you!
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
Our main objective is to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community here in Queensland. We are passionate about working to ensure that new Queensland refugees, migrants and international students are included, skilled and thriving. Multicultural Australia currently has over 220 staff, 100 Cultural Support Workers and 200 volunteers.
What you can expect to do
· Support a diverse group of ParentsNext clients to understand their experiences, interests and aspirations;
· Create individual development plans that identify specific activities, milestones and support needed to build the individual’s capacity to move into education, training or employment;
· Identify specific education, training and employment opportunities that align to individual aspirations and interests;
· Develop, deliver and facilitate individual and group sessions for participants; and
· Actively promote inclusive and meaningful activities for clients with multiple barriers to employment to effectively create opportunities to maximise social inclusion.
Ready for your next challenge?
Please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9AM Monday, 17th February 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume (with details of two professional referees)
If you have any further queries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Jill Armstrong, Regional Manager, on 0499 500 322.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
Want to know more about the role?
Full details about the role can be found in the position description.