- Competitive salary package with salary sacrifice opportunities
- Opportunity to create a real difference in your community
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- Career and leadership opportunities within a QLD wide settlement service organisation
The key objectives of the ParentsNext program are to:
- Target early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency;
- Help parents identify their education and employment related goals and participate in activities that help them achieve their goals; and
- Connect parents to local services that can help them address their barriers to employment.
Does this sound like an opportunity you have been waiting for? If working with parents to assist them to move back into education, training or employment, is not a job but a passion, then we would like to meet you!
Multicultural Australia exists to shape a better future for all - a welcoming, inclusive, globally connected and economically strong community where diversity is recognised as a strength. We are committed to welcoming Queensland where all new arrivals, parents of young children and disadvantaged job seekers can contribute and participate in our community.
What you can expect to do
1. Support a diverse group of ParentsNext clients to understand their experiences, interests and aspirations;
2. Create individual development plans that identify specific activities, milestones and support needed to build the individual’s capacity to move into education, training or employment;
3. Identify specific education, training and employment opportunities that align to individual aspirations and interests;
4. Develop, deliver and facilitate individual and group sessions for participants;
5.Ensure work is conducted in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure client privacy, business confidentiality and records are maintained properly;
6. Actively promote inclusive and meaningful activities for clients with multiple barriers to employment to effectively create opportunities to maximise social inclusion;
7. Apply cultural sensitivity throughout employment case management practices, being aware of practices to be employed for cultural differences and in compliance with Multicultural Australia'a client privacy policies;
8. Provide outreach services to participants in our satellite offices.
Full details about the role can be found in the position description. Link : https://www.multiculturalaustralia.org.au/current_vacancies
Ready for your next challenge?
Please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at email@example.com no later than 9AM Tuesday, 2nd June 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume (with details of two professional referees)
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.