Case Manager – Humanitarian Settlement Program-Toowoomba Full Time – Ongoing
The Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP) provides settlement support and Case Management to newly-arrived humanitarian entrants by creating opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge to achieve social and economic well-being in their new communities. Members of the HSP Case Management Team support newly arrived humanitarian entrants through tailored and holistic case management, applying holistic, person-centered, and culturally informed frameworks, with a specific focus on supporting clients to achieve outcomes across English, education, employment, and community engagement.
What you can expect from this role:
- Provide culturally competent case management and coordination to people from a diverse range of refugee and humanitarian backgrounds;
- Complete a comprehensive psychosocial needs assessment with individual clients and families and develop a case management plan which focuses on needs and aspirations;
- Provide emotional support to clients in a culturally sensitive way with an understanding of acculturation and the continuing impact of past torture and trauma on clients;
- Work collaboratively with Bicultural Workers to provide direct case management with individual clients and their family members;
- Identify mental health risk factors, completing a mental health screen and ensuring appropriate referral of clients to specialised mental health supports;
- Provide cultural orientation and life skills development to clients and assist clients to develop meaningful social connections including links with members of their culture, origin or religious community;
- Provide crisis intervention support when required to respond to immediate and urgent needs, escalating situations to your Line Manager where a client, agency, staff member or organization is at risk;
- Participate in the emergency on-call roster which involves responding to calls to the Multicultural Australia’s 24 hour emergency mobile phone periodically.
What do we need from you:
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in the field of Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Human Services. Other relevant qualifications (including overseas qualifications) or experience may be recognised;
- Valid Queensland Driver’s License
- Possession of, or willingness and eligibility to obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children
- Suitability Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000),
- Police Clearance Check.
Please peruse the attached position description for full details about the role.
Ready for your next challenge?
Email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 9.00 am, Wednesday 28th April, 2021. Your application must contain:
- a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position, what relevant experience you have and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
· a current resume (including the details of two professional referees).
If you have any further enquiries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Diana Chananda on 0421 226 756.