Multicultural Australia is a trusted not-for-profit organisation with an outstanding reputation for delivering settlement services to refugees, migrants, international students and people seeking asylum in Queensland. MA exists to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community. We are fiercely committed to human rights and demonstrating our values in our daily work. Client and community focussed, we pride ourselves on being an organisation with the grit needed to effect genuine positive change.
The HR Team are seeking an experienced HR operations guru for a 12 month fixed term engagement to ensure our services continue to meet and exceed the needs of the business. Reporting to the Senior Manager (People and Culture) you will join our team during an exciting period of innovative change, offering you a genuine opportunity to make a genuine difference, and stand out from the crowd. Work with an outstanding leadership team, focused on your learning and development and career progression. MA is committed to creating and promoting a positive, compassionate, kind and informed organisational culture.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Aside from the opportunity to develop your HR and leadership skills – and – work in a friendly, hardworking team, within a vibrant and ethical organisation, we offer the following:
- Base Salary - $92K - $97K.
- Salary Packaging – up to $15,990 per annum.
- Plus 10% Super.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THIS ROLE?
- Lead, coach and develop the HR Team.
- Partner with the business providing advice and support to line managers and staff on HR matters including:
- HR policies, procedures;
- staff entitlements; and
- employee relations matters including grievances and conflict management.
- Manage and improve end to end recruitment and onboarding activities.
- Opportunity to work on innovative HR projects with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Oversee HR records management and the maintenance of the HR information system.
- Oversee internal staff development and the management of our online training platform.
- Management of Workplace Health and Safety and Rehabilitation and Return to Work functions.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME?
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management, Business, Psychology or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar generalist or operational role.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of end to end employee lifecycle, policies, strategies and procedures that support compliance and quality improvement.
- Proven leadership and coaching/mentoring capability within a busy, HR operational environment.
- Experience in employee relations and investigation processes.
- Sound understanding of the Fair Work Act, and the ability to interpret industrial instruments.
- Dynamic relationship-building skills and ability to confidently engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Strategic and effective collaboration skills to work with different leaders and teams.
- Experience managing organisational Workplace Health and Safety and Rehabilitation.
- National Police Clearance Check.
Check out the complete position description here.
READY FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
To apply, simply provide a one-page cover letter with the “what do we need from you” section above in mind, and include a current resume with at least two referees.
Email your application to Andrew McGill, Human Resources Support Manager at [email protected] no later than close of business, Friday 30 July 2021.
You are encouraged to contact Andrew on 0421 313 379 if you have any questions, or require additional information.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability.