Multicultural Australia is currently offering exciting opportunities for highly motivated, curious and dynamic individuals to innovatively deliver culturally appropriate case management services to newly arrived refugees during their settlement into Queensland.
What you can expect to do
- Provide culturally competent case management and coordination to people from a diverse range of refugee and humanitarian backgrounds;
- Complete a comprehensive psychosocial needs assessment with individual clients and families and develop a case management plan which focuses on needs and aspirations;
- Provide emotional support to clients in a culturally sensitive way with an understanding of acculturation and the continuing impact of past torture and trauma on clients;
- Maintain accurate and timely records of case management interventions and abide by program specific Key Performance Indicators;
- Work collaboratively with Bicultural Workers to provide direct case management with individual clients and their family members ;
- Identify mental health risk factors, completing a mental health screen and ensuring appropriate referral of clients to specialised mental health supports;
- Provide cultural orientation and life skills development to clients and assist clients to develop meaningful social connections including links with members of their culture, origin or religious community.
Want to know more about the role?
Full details about the role can be found in the position description attached.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact Poppy Browne, Program Manager – Case Management : Humanitarian Settlement Program on 0434 363 569.
Ready for your next challenge?
Please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 9AM Monday, 4th November 2019. Your application must contain:
- a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
- a current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
Please note: Recruitment for this role will commence immediately. Interviews may occur prior to the end of the advertising period.
Download the position description below