Multicultural Australia exists to create a welcoming, inclusive, and economically stronger community. This is an agenda shared with many others. Our part is to ensure that new Queenslanders are included, skilled and thriving. We are passionate about promoting positive conversations about inclusion. Multicultural Australia delivers settlement services to refugees, migrants, international students and people seeking asylum in Queensland while advancing a diverse, inclusive and multicultural community.
The Office of the CEO drives Multicultural Australia’s core strategic focus and houses our governance quality and risk, business improvement, research and advocacy and partnerships and events teams. It is a dynamic team environment that works together to integrate our strategy and shape our priorities across the entire business. Support roles in the office of the CEO work closely with top level internal executives, a variety of external stakeholders, corporate partners, all levels of government and across the breadth of the business of Multicultural Australia.
What you can expect from this role:
- Manage and supervise Reception and Administration Staff.
- Provide a high standard of confidential executive support to the Chief Executive Officer, including monitoring phone calls, managing diary appointments and preparing briefing documentation.
- Coordinate, review and quality check all correspondence including reports, letters and briefing notes as well as effectively manage deadlines.
- Communicate and liaise with staff, clients and stakeholders on a wide range of issues affecting the office in a professional and positive manner.
- Prioritise urgent matters to meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot conflicting meetings and appointments.
- Organise and coordinate meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Assist with the coordination and organisation of significant events and functions involving Members of Parliament, Councillors and Government officials as required.
- Provide secretarial support as required for meetings and committees by preparing agendas, recording and circulation minutes and follow up on actions and outcomes.
- Booking of travel and accommodation for the Chief Executive Officer
- Preparation and reconciliation of expense claims for Chief Executive Officer through Promaster.
In addition to the duties listed above all Multicultural Australia staff are expected to:
- Respect and abide by the vision, mission and values of the organisation;
- Ensure that their conduct is consistent with provisions of the Multicultural Australia Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Comply with the provisions of relevant Multicultural Australia policies and procedures.
- Comply with the provisions of Multicultural Australia’s Workplace Health and Safety framework including policies, procedures and safe work systems that relate to their role, program area or Multicultural Australia as a whole. Information and training will be provided to successful candidates.
Carry out general administrative functions related to their role and to the effective and efficient functioning of Multicultural Australia as a whole. This will include the use of computer-based calendars and information management systems.
Please peruse the position description on our website for full details about the role; https://www.multiculturalaustralia.org.au/current_vacancies
What do we need from you:
- Valid Queensland Driver’s License
- Possession of a current paid Working with Children’s Blue Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000, and
- National Police Clearance Check.
- Demonstrated experience providing high-level administrative support to Executive Management, CEO or similar;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong team and client relationships;
- Experience with and understanding of managing confidential information;
- Excellent organisational skills and professional verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook);
- A flexible, positive and diligent attitude towards changing workflows, with demonstrated commitment to the values and vision of Multicultural Australia;
- Demonstrated values of integrity, resilience, teamwork and professionalism consistent with Multicultural Australia’s vision.
Ready for your next challenge?
Email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 5 pm, Friday 10 December 2021.
Your application must contain:
- a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position, what relevant experience you have and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
- a current resume (including the details of two professional referees).
If you have any further enquiries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Felicity Gallon, Executive Officer on [email protected]