Currently Closed. Further rounds are expected to open at a later date:
QLD Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development
Closed: 7 October 2020
The QDEP offers two funding options for regional events:
- Destination event funding – single year funding for developing events seeking growth ($10,000 - $25,000 per year)
- Significant event funding – single year or up to three years of funding for events that can demonstrate a strong track record of growth or growth potential ($25,000 - $100,000 per year)
The Queensland Destination Events Program (QDEP), formerly the Regional Development Program, seeks to leverage the crucial link between events and the destinations in which they are staged, extending the flow of the economic, marketing and social benefits of events throughout metropolitan and regional Queensland.
Aims and objectives of the program
- Generate local economic activity and development in the host destination
- Attract external visitation to the destination
- Drive social and community outcomes for the host destination, noting the important link between community outcomes and economic benefits
- Enhance the profile and appeal of the host destination.
The QDEP website details the process for events to submit an expression of interest for Significant event funding. Please note, Significant funding applications will only be accepted following invitation by TEQ.
Application & Funding Guidelines:
For enquiries Contact: (07) 3535 3535 or via email at email@example.com
Funding Round 15 opens 1 Nov 2019 and closes 5 Feb 2020 – Eligible Event dates September 2020 - September 2021;
Funding Round 16 opens March 2020 and closes June 2020 - Eligible Event dates January 2021 - January 2022;
Funding Round 17 opens July 2020 and closes October 2020 - Eligible Event dates May 2021 - May 2022;