Cairns Regional Council
Closing: Round 4- 30 June 2021
This Grant assists community groups and not-for-profit organisations with delivery of events, activities and projects that enhance the lives of local communities, celebrate important community occasions and provide opportunities to develop social cohesion and connection in the Cairns region. Funding and the provision of Council venues and resources up to $15,000 is available.
*Please Note: Applicants must contact Council’s Community Grants and Programs team prior to submission. Contact [email protected] or phone 07 4044 3690.
- Round 2 closes 31 December 2020 (for events, activities and projects held 1 March 2021 to 31 March 2022).
- Round 3 closes 31 March 2021 (for events, activities and projects held 1 June 2021 to 30 June 2022).
- Round 4 closes 30 June 2021 (for events, activities and projects held 1 September 2021 to 30 September 2022)
Guidelines & Applications
- Community Events, Activities and Projects Information Booklet ( PDF, 1.52 MB )
- Community Events, Activities and Projects Application Form ( PDF, 0.35 MB )
For further information please visit: Cairns Regional Council’s Community Grants website.
Round 3 closed 31 March 2021
Arts QLD, QLD Department of Environment & Science
Closed: Round 4- 30 May 2021
The Queensland Arts Showcase Program (QASP) supports vibrant and accessible arts and cultural experiences for Queensland by individuals, organisations or collectives. The program is delivered through three streams- Arts Accelerate, Arts Activate and Arts Advantage. QASP provides up-front, one-off grants of up to $30,000 (sole-funding) and up to $60,000 (co-funding).
The program invests in:
- the development and growth of a vibrant and accessible arts and cultural sector in Queensland
- strengthening the Queensland arts and cultural sector’s connection with new audiences
- supporting artistic and non-artistic collaborations to develop innovative and quality arts and cultural experiences
- strengthening professional development and the creation of employment and training opportunities for Queensland’s small to medium arts and cultural sector.
Further information and guidelines for the QASP are available at: QASP- Publications and Resources
Application forms for current rounds can be accessed at: Arts Queensland- SmartyGrants
Further assistance is available from the Arts Queensland Office on (07) 3034 4016, or toll free 1800 175 531; or: [email protected].
QLD Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development
Closed: 9 June 2021
Events play a key role in fostering regional tourism and economic development. Tourism is an essential industry to many rural and regional centres, ensuring economic stability, and events can be a cost-effective way of promoting a region and its attractions – as an event grows, it attracts tourists in its own right.
The QDEP offers two funding options for regional events:
- Destination Event Funding – single year funding for developing events seeking growth ($10,000 - $25,000 per year)
- Significant Event Funding – single year or up to three years of funding for events that can demonstrate a strong track record of growth or growth potential ($25,000 - $100,000 per year)
The Queensland Destination Events Program (QDEP), formerly the Regional Development Program, seeks to leverage the crucial link between events and the destinations in which they are staged, extending the flow of the economic, marketing and social benefits of events throughout metropolitan and regional Queensland.
Aims and Objectives:
- Generate local economic activity and development in the host destination
- Attract external visitation to the destination
- Drive social and community outcomes for the host destination, noting the important link between community outcomes and economic benefits
- Enhance the profile and appeal of the host destination.
For more information on eligibility, funding conditions and the application process please visit: QDEP Funding Guidelines.
For further enquiries please phone:(07) 3535 3535, or email: [email protected]
Please note- Significant Event Funding applications will only be accepted following submission of an Expression of Interest and a subsequent invitation by TEQ. (Please see below for further details).
To apply for Destination Event Funding: Destination Event Funding Application Form
Please note, applicants will now be required to submit an Expression of Interest for Significant Event Funding.: Significant Event Funding Expression of Interest Form
TEQ will contact applicants to discuss their Expression of Interest and provide further information on the process for submitting an application for Significant Event Funding.