Multicultural Australia’s Employment Services team (Welcome Workforce) provides a tailored,
person-centred and strengths-based approach to equip culturally diverse jobseekers (refugees,
people seeking asylum, migrants and international students ) with the confidence, understanding
and tools needed so they can successfully apply themselves in the Australian job market and gain
sustainable and meaningful employment. We also work with Employer Partners to support the
recruitment and engagement of culturally diverse staff and help them recognise and realise the
many benefits gained by engaging a diverse multicultural workforce.
Through our work we aim to support new arrivals and communities achieve economic and social
participation and contribute to a prosperous future for all Queenslanders and the Queensland
HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLBEING FUNDAMENTALS
Multicultural Australia employees are considered safety leaders and are expected to contribute to a
culture that supports health, safety and wellbeing of all staff, clients and stakeholders.
We will all take appropriate action to prevent harm.
We will never accept or condone work practices that impact on the health, safety and
wellbeing of others.
When identifying risk, we will mitigate where possible and report where appropriate.
Multicultural Australia are committed to quality assurance and continuous improvement. Everyone
as part of their role must:
Comply with policies, systems and procedures.
Actively participate in identifying opportunities to improve our work.
Qualifications, licences and probity
1. Possession of tertiary qualifications in:
a. Business/Management, Human Resources, Training, Community Services, Social Work,
or similar and/or relevant previous experience
2. Valid Queensland Driver’s License
3. Possession of, or willingness and eligibility to obtain a Blue Card (Working with Children
Suitability Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child
Guardian Act 2000),
4. Police Clearance Check.
1. Demonstrated experience in delivering results-driven employment placement
coordination and support to jobseekers and employers, with a particular emphasis on
new arrivals to Australia;
2. Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills and a comprehensive understanding
and knowledge of issues in relation to the settlement and Australian employment
experience of refugees;
3. Demonstrated ability to work creatively and strategically through utilising high level
stakeholder negotiation skills (internal and external) in delivering on opportunities for
clients and the organisation;
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work supportively and collaboratively
within a small team;
5. Proven ability to develop and lead both in-person and technology-based employment
6. A demonstrated commitment to meeting organisational and team goals outlined in
work plans and agreed KPIs according to program priorities and deadlines;
7. Experience in leading on specific projects as needed (e.g., focusing on specific client
cohorts, coordinating an employment-based program, developing internal systems,
managing recruitment drives, etc.), balanced with the ability to work across all
aspects of the role as needed;
8. Demonstrated values of integrity, resilience, team work and professionalism
consistent with Multicultural Australia’s vision.
Desirable Skills and/or Experience
1. Previous experience in developing stakeholder relationships with a goal of creating employment
2. Previous experience in job active, recruitment agencies or internal recruitment where had to
shortlist candidates for different job roles
1. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify, define and secure
employment and training opportunities, at scale where possible;
2. Communicate employment opportunities actively on a timely basis, ensuring the
optimum candidate pool is identified within agreed timelines;
3. Coordinate the timely filling of employment opportunities via activities such as
detailing role expectations, communication, short-listing, documentation and
interviews as required;
4. Actively communicate with and support employment candidates as they pursue
opportunities, manage onboarding processes as required or provide appropriate
support when unsuccessful;
5. Actively understand and work to meet the true objectives of stakeholders, in order to
drive long-term relationship success;
6. Support clients and employers at commencement of employment, and up to 12
months beyond their start date;
9. Independently deliver employment-related aspects of funded programs including
monitoring service delivery, performance, reporting on key performance indicators
and drafting management and Departmental reports as required;
10. Meet and achieve organisational KPIs and work plan with the essential focus on a
Results Based Accountability framework;
11. Manage employer and client records using internal databases, ensuring
completeness, accuracy and timely input of data;
12. Support the Employment Team as appropriate in preparing clients for employment
opportunities, including providing back-up to Employment Inclusion Workers from
time to time;
13. Liaise with and educate multiple stakeholders (internal, external and partnership
relationships) to maintain and grow the foundation for recruitment, training and job
14. Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Employment team services and
process, to deliver customer service effectively, efficiently and professionally;
15. Actively promote inclusive and meaningful activities for clients with multiple barriers
to employment to effectively create opportunities to maximise social inclusion;
16. Ensure work is conducted in accordance with policy and procedures to ensure client
privacy, business confidentiality and records are maintained appropriately;
17. Apply cultural sensitivity throughout employment case management practices, being
aware of practices to be employed for cultural differences and in compliance with
Multicultural Australia’s client privacy policies.
18. Formulate and draft proposals for funding applications including progressing and
supporting documentation for submission;
And all other duties associated with the position.
This position description will be reviewed biennially or when required.