- Full Time, Fixed Term position until 30 June 2021
- Salary sacrifice option
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Make a positive impact on multicultural Queensland whilst working as part of a friendly and collaborative team
If you have a true passion to help job seekers successfully enter the Australian labour market by developing their knowledge and skills, then come join our Toowoomba team!
We are seeking someone who is committed to supporting and empowering members of the Queensland community to make meaningful contributions. So if this sounds like you, then read on and apply!
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
Our main objective is to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community here in Queensland. We are passionate about working to ensure that new Queensland refugees, migrants and international students are included, skilled and thriving. Multicultural Australia currently has over 220 staff, 100 Cultural Support Workers and 200 volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in providing results-driven employment support to jobseekers, with a particular emphasis on new arrivals to Australia
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills and a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of issues in relation to the settlement of refugees
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and strategically through utilising high level stakeholder negotiation skills (internal and external) in seeking opportunities for clients and the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work supportively and collaboratively within a small team
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting organisational and team goals outlined in work plans and agreed KPIs according to program priorities and deadlines
- Experience in leading on specific projects as needed (e.g., focusing on specific client cohorts, coordinating a training program, developing internal systems, managing recruitment drives, etc.), balanced with the ability to work across all aspects of the role as needed
- Demonstrated values of integrity, resilience, team work and professionalism consistent with Multicultural Australia’s vision
Ready for your next challenge?
Please go through our Cultural Values – The Multicultural Australia Way. This is a snapshot of who we are. If you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at [email protected] no later than 9AM Monday, 16th March 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume (including the details of three professional referees).
In case you have any queries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Kelly Buckingham, Regional Manager – South West Region on 0481 264 155.
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
For further details, please download the position description.