We are seeking applicants with direct experience in project/program design and successfully applying for and managing funding.
As Community Funding Access Advisor, you will be work towards achieving the following goals:
- Increased CALD community participation in government and other funding opportunities;
- Increased grant provider awareness of the barriers faced by CALD communities in accessing grant programs;
- Increased CALD community knowledge to be able to develop applications and business grants; and
- Increased levels of knowledge and skills regarding governance, project planning and project management within CALD communities:
What you can expect to do
1. Develop respectful working relationships with CALD communities, particularly new and emerging communities;
2. Research and promote Government and business funding opportunities to CALD community members across Queensland;
3. Identify the needs and issues impacting on members of CALD communities in relation to grants and funding and facilitate the development of strategic advocacy and policy responses to such issues and needs as requested by Multicultural Australia;
4. Develop strategies to identify communities that may need to access funding advice and support;
5. Work with CALD communities to develop their knowledge and skills in relation to grants, and business funding, so they can successfully apply for funding and manage their own projects;
6. Offer a range of capacity-building, mentorship and partnership opportunities, including training, workshops, one-to-one consultations and relationship development, to CALD communities so they are able to best position grant applications, along with understanding and meeting project delivery and financial management responsibilities.
Ready for your next challenge?
Please go through our Cultural Values – The Multicultural Australia Way. This is a snapshot of who we are. If you feel as strongly about our values and culture as we do, please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at email@example.com no later than 12 PM Thursday, 31st October 2019. Your application must contain:
a current resume (including the details of three professional referees) and an email EOI.
Full details about the role can be found in the position description below.