Our team supports the organisation in ‘Changing the Conversation’ around multiculturalism, and seeks to showcase the profound impact achieved in the work undertaken by the organisation every day. An important shared service of the organisation, the Communications & Marketing Team will play a key role in celebrating the services, programs, and outcomes achieved.
Our Communications & Marketing Specialist will require a dynamic and responsive individual who has a strong strategic mindset with the experience to make strategy come to life.
You will have oversight into a portfolio of the organisation’s offering and be responsible for engaging with our teams, understanding their communications and marketing opportunities, curate the strategy to meet objectives, implement it, and report success and learnings.
This is a well-rounded, generalist role, where you will have the opportunity to drive true positive change for your portfolio. This role suits a person who appreciates the full marketing mix, and how to leverage the marketing mix to achieve purposeful impact.
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations to your internal stakeholders regarding marketing and communications requirements to progress organisational goals.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communications and marketing campaigns resulting from stakeholder engagement activities.
- Support your colleagues in the Communications & Marketing team in achieving organisation-wide communications and marketing outcomes.
- Lead the development, management, and updating of Multicultural Australia’s channels to effectively communicate information to our stakeholders.
- Participate in agile practices to activate campaigns with a continuous improvement mindset.
In addition to the duties listed above all Multicultural Australia staff are expected to:
- Respect and abide by the vision, mission and values of the organisation;
- Ensure that their conduct is consistent with provisions of the Multicultural Australia Code of Ethics and Conduct;
- Comply with the provisions of relevant Multicultural Australia policies and procedures;
- Comply with the provisions of Multicultural Australia’s Workplace Health and Safety framework including policies, procedures and safe work systems that relate to their role, program area or Multicultural Australia as a whole. Information and training will be provided to successful candidates;
- Carry out general administrative functions related to their role and to the effective and efficient functioning of Multicultural Australia as a whole. This will include the use of computer-based calendar and information management systems.
Induction training relating to policy and procedures, workplace health and safety and Multicultural Australia administrative systems will be provided to successful candidates on appointment. Additional training in relation to IT systems and software will also be provided to successful candidates where necessary.
And all other duties associated with the position as instructed by the Communications and Marketing Manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, CAPABILITY, AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications, licences and probity
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications or other principle
- Valid Queensland Driver’s License
- Possession of a current, paid Working with Children’s Blue Card in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000, and
- National Police Clearance Check.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Five to seven years of demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating communications and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in tailoring messaging for numerous stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision, whilst keeping internal stakeholders and management informed.
- Strong capability and understanding of current digital marketing best practice.
- Strong organisational and attention to detail skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience in marketing and/or communications in the not for profit sector.
- Experience in event management – both small and large scale.
- Experience in content development
- Knowledge of and ability to update marketing CRM’s and other marketing tools.
- Experience in a similar role in the not-for-profit sector will be highly regarded.
WHO WE ARE
Why do we exist?
Multicultural Australia exists to create a welcoming, inclusive, and economically stronger community. This is an agenda shared with many others. Our part is to ensure that everyone is included, skilled and thriving. We are passionate about promoting positive conversations about inclusion.
A trusted Queensland not-for-profit, creating welcome and inclusion for new arrivals. Exceeding stakeholder expectations by delivering exceptional services, working with others to solve big issues and driving innovative projects that make a real difference.
We are fiercely committed to human rights and demonstrating our values in our daily work. We show up for one another, we are faithful to our client’s aspirations and we solve problems by finding the Third Way. We are ethical and strive for impact. We pride ourselves on being an organisation with the grit needed to effect real change.
What do we do?
For 23 years, Multicultural Australia (formerly Multicultural Development Australia) has been welcoming refugees, people seeking asylum, international students and other new arrivals to Queensland with the goal of creating a fairer more prosperous society for all Queenslanders.
We support thousands of newly arrived people every year, including refugees, international students, people seeking asylum and migrants. We help them to settle into their new lives, build connections in their communities, find work and study opportunities, learn new skills and feel at home.
We also work with individuals, communities, business and government to help build a more welcoming culture through advocacy, cultural training, community events, employment, youth programs, sports and arts inclusion programs to advance a diverse, inclusive and multicultural community.
We have worked hard to advance Multicultural Australia and build communities where everyone belongs. Developing inclusive and prosperous communities, changing the conversation and keeping fit for the future are the strategic pillars that highlight why we exist. They underpin what we do – our services, partnerships and business. Ethical leadership and deep collaboration with community is at the heart of how we work – our culture and practice.
HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLBEING FUNDAMENTALS
Multicultural Australia employees are considered safety leaders and are expected to contribute to a culture that supports health, safety and wellbeing of all staff, clients and stakeholders.
- We will all take appropriate action to prevent harm.
- We will never accept or condone work practices that impact on the health, safety and wellbeing of others.
- When identifying risk, we will mitigate where possible and report where appropriate.
Multicultural Australia are committed to quality assurance and continuous improvement. Everyone as part of their role must:
- Comply with policies, systems and procedures.
- Actively participate in identifying opportunities to improve our work.
- Communicate, clarify, commit to, and contribute to quality initiatives.