- Full Time, Fixed Term for five (5) months (with the possibility of extension)
- Competitive salary package with salary sacrifice opportunities
- Opportunity to create a real difference in your community
- Flexible and inclusive multicultural work environment
- Career and leadership opportunities within a QLD wide settlement service organization
If providing settlement support to newly arrived migrants and refugees is not a job for you, but a passion, then we would love to meet you!
Our settlement programs aim to create opportunities, develop skills and knowledge of newly arrived humanitarian entrants by providing culturally competent case management services.
Our Case Managers are passionate and committed to providing high quality settlement support to newly arrived humanitarian entrants. They are proficient in providing culturally competent case management and completing comprehensive psychosocial needs assessments with individual clients and families.
We are looking for someone who can backfill such a case management opportunity. Someone who has well developed skills in building purposeful relationships with clients to support them achieve their settlement goals and minimise re-traumatisation throughout the settlement process.
Does this sound like an opportunity you have been waiting for? Do you have case management experience? Then, read on.
Multicultural Australia is a leading Queensland multicultural organisation. We aim to grow multicultural values across our State and to empower newly arrived Queenslanders from diverse cultural and language backgrounds through advocacy, community development and a range of client services.
Our main objective is to create a welcoming, inclusive and economically stronger community here in Queensland. We are passionate about working to ensure that new Queensland refugees, migrants and international students are included, skilled and thriving. Multicultural Australia currently has over 220 staff, 100 Cultural Support Workers and 200 volunteers.
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in the field of Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Human Services. Other relevant qualifications (including overseas qualifications) or experience may be recognised
- A minimum of four years of case management experience
- Passion and commitment to providing high quality settlement support to newly arrived humanitarian entrants, with a focus on fostering independence of settlement lifeskills
- Well developed understanding of settlement issues relevant to refugee and humanitarian entrants; Proven psychosocial assessment and case management experience and the ability to design and implement culturally appropriate case coordination plans to enhance the settlement of refugees and humanitarian entrants
- Well developed skills in building purposeful relationships with clients to support them to achieve their settlement goals and minimise re-traumatisation throughout the settlement process
What you can expect to do
1. Provide culturally competent case management and coordination to people from a diverse range of refugee and humanitarian backgrounds
2. Complete a comprehensive psychosocial needs assessment with individual clients and families and develop a case management plan which focuses on needs and aspirations
3. Provide emotional support to clients in a culturally sensitive way with an understanding of acculturation and the continuing impact of past torture and trauma on clients
4. Work collaboratively with Bicultural Workers to provide direct case management with individual clients and their family members
5. Identify mental health risk factors, completing a mental health screen and ensuring appropriate referral of clients to specialised mental health supports
Ready for your next challenge?
Please email your application to the Recruitment Officer at email@example.com no later than 9AM Monday, 17th February 2020. Your application must contain:
o a cover letter (no more than one page), outlining why you are interested in the position and what impact you believe you can make in this role; and,
o a current resume (with details of two professional referees)
At Multicultural Australia, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
If you have any further queries or for a confidential discussion, please contact Poppy Browne, Program Manager – Case Management : Humanitarian Settlement Program on 0434 363 569.
Full details about the role can be found in the position description.